I cannot count how many times I’ve been to Baguio, but I can always remember the beautiful memories I’ve shared with valuable people who were willing to spend moments with me.
My first several times going here is related to work.
The succeeding times were because of simple vacation.
I remember, the first time I have witnessed the Panagbenga Festival in year 2010. It was full of spectators coming from different places. Some are foreigners enjoying the cool breeze of Baguio City and the astounding creativity of each float and street dancing participants in the parade. Some already slept along Session Road the night before the parade just to get a nice view of the morning’s event.
Check out slide show below for sample pictures I have taken during the Parade.
My next visit was during the Oath Taking Ceremony of Yam held at Camp John Hay. It was such an awesome experience to see my beloved achieving a milestone in his life, and I becomes part of it.
Another visits few years ago, just exploring Baguio City more and delighting the only SM Mall without aircon.
We’ve been also to some tourists spots, but because of frequent visits and some are already few years ago, The pictures were lost and some moments were not taken at all. Well, this is a note to myself, that I should take more pictures wherever I may go, so that I can take the memories with me even in my blogs. 🙂
When you are in Baguio City, be sure that you will go to these places:
- BenCab MuseumThe BenCab Museum is one of the most awesome museums in our country today.It houses our National Artist Ben Cabrera’s art collection in a four-level building. This is also where BenCab lives and where his actual workshop is located. Exhibits of exciting contemporary artists in Manila can be found here, too. (source: http://www.ourawesomeplanet.com/awesome/2012/03/bencab-museum-in-full-bloom.html)
- Good Shepherd Convent where your favorite Good Shepherd Ube Jam is made and all Good Shepherd products in Baguio.
- Philippine Military Academy (PMA),the military school of the Armed Forces of the Philippines. To name a few alumni are Sen. Antonio Trillanes, Sen. Panfilo Lacson, Sen. Gregorio Honasan, and Former-President Fidel V. Ramos.
- Our Lady of Atonement Cathedral,better known as Baguio Cathedral, is a Roman Catholic cathedral located at Cathedral Loop adjacent to Session Road in Baguio City, the Philippines, and is the see of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Baguio.(source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Baguio_Cathedral)
- Burnham Park
- Our Lady of Lourdes Grotto
- Bell Church
- Ifugao Woodcarvers’ Village
- Camp John Hay
- Botanical Garden
- Bridal Veil Falls
- Mines View Park
- The Mansion
- Wright Park
May you receive your blessings,