The 26-foot image of the Blessed Virgin Mary, known here as Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, Mother of Peace Grotto is situated at the topmost of Caglago Mountain in Barangay Tabgon, Caramoan, Camarines Sur.
The construction of Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, initiated by Rev. Fr. Felix F. Barella, was started in 1989. It was finished through foreign and local funding. It welcomed the public in May 20, 1990 led by Archbishop of Caceres Most Reverend Leonardo Z. Legaspi OP. D.D. The Eucharist is celebrated in the Shrine every first Sunday of the month. The Eucharist is also held every anniversary of the foundation of the image (May 20th), Triduum, and feast of the Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary, Mother of Peace (October 4th). The image of Our Lady is the largest in the Philippines.
You can reach this awesome place by boat, but the docking area is so muddy that you must take off your sandals lest your sandal straps were in trouble. From the port, you will take 30mins walk too going to the entrance (just the entrance) of the grotto 😀 . You may also get in here via land, easier for you if you don’t want to trek. Drop by Brgy. Tabgon, the entrance is just along the road, and start taking the 524 steps to the grotto.
May you receive your blessings,
- See my other feature of Caramoan Tourist Spots:
- For easier and hassle free bookings, try contacting Enjoy Ka Dito’s Site at:www.enjoykadito.com and like Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/EnjoyKaDito
- See the majestic sand bar of Caramoan in Manlawi Island
- Check out what’s more in Caramoan at A Cup Of Travel
- Be inspired with A Cup Of Quote.