Subangan Museum is located in Brgy. Datu Martin Marundan, Mati City, Davao Oriental. Its main attraction is the 53-feet long and weighing 20 metric tons (live weight) sperm whale skeleton called Davor. Davor, obviously named after the Province of Davao Oriental, is placed at the center of the museum that will surely greet your entry.
Subangan Museum is an interactive, state-of-the-art museum that highlights treasured relics, interactive visuals, photos, documents, videos and textiles. Its name is derived from the Bisayan word, subang, which means “east.”
The abundant culture and tradition of the city’s native peoples Mandaya and Kaagan/Kalagan exhibited in an area that will help you understand more about the province.
Part of the museum tour was very calming and pleasant. The sound effects of waterfalls and stream flows make you think you’re actually roaming around a forest.
Mt. Hamiguitan was also depicted in here as it was recognized as a place that has high land-based biological diversity and declared as our 5th UNESCO heritage site.
Wall projections are stunning too. They featured Aliwagwag Falls in Cateel, and the crystal clear water of Puting Bato Falls, Dahican beach, caves and many more were also presented.
May you receive your blessings,
- Check out our other Davao Experience.
- See my feature of Caramoan Tourist Spots:
- For easier and hassle free bookings, try contacting Enjoy Ka Dito’s Site at:www.enjoykadito.com and like Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/EnjoyKaDito
- See the majestic sand bar of Caramoan in Manlawi Island
- Check out what’s more in Caramoan at A Cup Of Travel
- Be inspired with A Cup Of Quote.