A Cup of Food, A Cup of Travel, Davao, Davao City, Davao del Sur, I Love PH, Inspire Someone Today, It's More Fun in the Philippines, park, Travel Adventure, Travel Boss, Travel Buddies
The People’s Park is filled with sculptural pieces placed in various strategic areas that you can immediately see upon entrance. The enormous sculptures portray the cultural heritage of people of Davao done by a local artist Kublai Milan.
The park covers an area of 4 hectares. One of the main features of the park is a 425 square meters (4,570 sq ft) Durian Dome, inspired design from the durian fruit. The Open Plaza hosts a rainbow walk surrounded by potted palms. It is also called the “Philippine Rainforest” where pigeons freely roam and families are free to picnic in.
A dancing fountain is also present within the park’s ground. It has been described as “one of the cleanest and greenest public parks” in the Philippines. You can see students, professionals and other organizations roam around and even do their stuffs here.
Entrance into the park is free of charge, but is still a safe haven to stay for people because there are many installed CCTV cameras in the area.
After having your practice, meeting or just a chill time in the park, your exit will lead you to many food stalls at the Pasalubong Center.
You can buy kwek-kwek and crispy chicken skin. Sellers usually serve these fried foods with a side of fresh salad. The salad is typically made of fresh seaweed and cucumber and with a vinegar dip mixed with onion and ginger. You can eat as much salad as you want when you dine around the stalls. 😉
May you receive your blessings,
- See our other Roxas Avenue foodtrip and taste the so called Black Ice Cream
- Visit Davao’s spots starting in Samal Island’s Hagimit Falls
- Looking where to buy pasalubong in Davao? Check Lola Abon & Apo ni Lola Abon
- See my other feature of Caramoan Tourist Spots:
- For easier and hassle free bookings, try contacting Enjoy Ka Dito’s Site at:www.enjoykadito.com and like Facebook page at www.Facebook.com/EnjoyKaDito
- See the majestic sand bar of Caramoan in Manlawi Island
- Check out what’s more in Caramoan at A Cup Of Travel
- Be inspired with A Cup Of Quote.